Label 228 Word Template

Posted on | Tyler

I recently printed out labels, and they happened to be the USPS Label 228. I wanted to find a template for word for label 228 January 2008, but didn’t find one that fit. So I decided to create one of my own, and created a word template for you folks looking for a word template for label 228, January 2008. I made it in Office 2010, but made it compatible for 97-03. And then make sure before you print, uncheck the option to print drawing objects. This will make the picture in the document not show up when it’s printed. It’s done this way so that when you’re printing on the label, the image of the label doesn’t get on the label itself, and only the text will show on the label. The image is only to show you how the label will look when printed.

If you have problems or questions, leave a comment. To download the template, click here.

Did you like this? Share it:
  • Chao

Thank you very much, my mom was asked by her boss to fill like 50 of these. now the printer does all the work. Thank you for taking the time and created the template

• http://www.tytyweb.net Tyler

You’re welcome. Glad you found it useful =)

• Hofy

Thank you for this wonderful template.
    It works great in Office 2000 and 2003.

• Jennifer

I was needing to download the template for the office but the file keeps saying it is zipped and will not open. I am not sure why it will not open, can anyone help?

• http://www.tytyweb.net Tyler

Jennifer, when you downloaded the file, did you unzip it first and then open the extracted file in Microsoft Office?

• Brian

I could not get it to go all the way through and print – form is too short.?.

• http://www.tytyweb.net Tyler

Brian, you have to have it so that the label is taped on a letter sized paper, and sitting on the top left corner of the paper horizontally.

• frankie

How do i find the option to print drawing options, which I am suppose to uncheck? I cannot find it to print out the label without the image? I have a word 2011. other than this, great job! its awesom

• http://www.tytyweb.net Tyler

Hi Frankie, thanks for your comment! Assuming 2011 is no different than 2010 (hopefully) you want to go to File -> Options -> Display then uncheck “Print drawings dreated in word”. Hope this helps =)

• Fredieusa

Thanks so much Tyler. This is just GREAT !!!

• Jim

It worked great! You can also delete the background image if you prefer. Thanks for the template!

• Al Soto

It didn`t work for me,it kept printing the whole label on top of the usps label. What I did was copy /paste the blank form to a new word document and insert the label sideways and voila!!

• Joe

Thank you. works great…

• http://livingears.com ScottC

Is there a way to print these with postage included?

• dale

am looking for the ready post label please help
    4 1/8″ x 3 1/8″

• Joni

Thank you!!!! My handwriting is awful and this makes addressing easy.

• Ron

Thank you for the template. It saved much time and is appreciated.

• http://MusicMastersOnline.com Dazzz

Saved a bunch of time finding this template – thank you for posting. We actually had a stack of the pre-printed labels from the post office so we simply deleted the graphic and readjusted the top margin to 1.5. Works and looks great!

• Bill

Downloaded
    Could not unzip with WinZip 17.
    Error message “not a valid zipfile”

• Shelly

That was somewhat helpful, more help than what I had, but I was hoping to print them directly on to the sticky shipping label from post office. when I went to print, it traced over everything, so I realized it was set up to print on whit paper, cut out, and tape myself.
    Let me know if you have a template where I can run the stickers through and only print return address and address where it’s going. I just can’t figure that out.
    Thanks

• Edward

Tyler,
    Thanks for posting the template. Seems like lots of the issues others above are having are really just “computer 101″ problems, like how to unzip a file (really?) or how to change their default Word options (help below*). My added tip is to tell others leave it in landscape, and feed the label “stamp end” first. Thanks again!

*Word 2007
    Click the Microsoft Office Button, and then click Word Options.
    Click Display.
    Under Printing options, click to unselect the Print drawings created in Word check box.
    Click OK.
    Word 2010
    Click File, and then click Options.
    Click Display.
    Click OK.

• BillHart

How can I access the trmplate for label 228 January 2008?

• Shosh

THANK YOU VERY MUCH. I HAVE THE “USPS ADDRESS LABELS” AND I WANTED TO USE THEIR OWN. BUT, I FOUND WITH YOUR ESSENTIAL RESOURES, IT ABLE ME TO TYPED ON THEIR LABELS.
    THANK YOU, YOUR RESOURCES ARE EXCELLENT!
    MAY YOU HAVE, MANY BLESS WONDERFUL HOLIDAYS…

• Brian N

Thanks!
    Had a stack of them to do, and this made it a breeze.
    I did make the font size bigger for the addressee as I know from my days at UPS that the easier it is to read, the better it gets handled. Also goes faster thru the mail.

And although a short form, it went thru the printer fine after I selected “alternate paper source” rather than normal, and fed via the drop-down paper tray.

• Andy R

What printer will print the USPS label 228? I have 2,000 USPS label on a roll but my printer does not feed them correctly.

• http://www.mcb-law.com MCB-LAW.COM

This worked great, thank you!

• Tom S.

Thank you so much! Worked great.

• Jon

Thanks! Saved me!

• JR

Tyler, so glad I found your post … trying to get “care packages” out to my nephew and his company … my hand writing has gone down hill over the last 60 years … thanks again.

• Tee

That is great. Have you considered doing the same for the label dated July 2013?

• Kelvin

Thank you. Saved me a ton of work. Same question as Tee.

• Cynthia

FYI, not every printer is the same, not every Microsoft Word is the same…..
    For those who might have the issue with finding: File -> Options -> Display then uncheck “Print drawings created in word”
    Here is how I found the setting and it was nothing like what was described thus far. Just because a person cannot find what was instructed does not make them illiterate. I filled in the label using his template. I have a epson printer so I clicked “print” when the printer settings window came up I changed the 3rd window from “copies & pages” to Microsoft Word. The screen changes and then you can click on “Word Options” . A new screen comes up with 3 headings. Under “Options for current document only” I checked Print data only for forms. That took care of the issue of the picture printing on the USPS forms. Hope this helps others.

• http://www.tytyweb.net Tyler

@Cynthia, thanks so much for your comment! I apologize for the inconvenience you may have had, and my misinformed directions. A lot has probably indeed changed, and doesn’t cover Word 2013 or Word for Mac. Thanks again for your feedback!

• Kyle Conway

does anyone have label 228s or 228c dated from 1993 to 2006 ? my company is in desperate need of these ! please let me know. ConwayEnt@yahoo.com thank you.

• Big E

This is a fantastic template. My handwriting is terrible and I have arthritic hands. This template saves me a lot of time and discomfort. With a little work I was able to use the template for the July 2013 label. Also Edward’s and Cynthia’s tips above for printing were exactly what I needed. Thanks so much.

• Paul Babb

Another thank you to Tyler for the template and Edward for his computer 101 advice. It works!

• Kumu Kaialoha Manaiakalani

Aloha Tyler,

MUCH Mahalo for doing this. This label, as common as it is, was DIFFICULT to find and your efforts are GREATLY appreciated!!!

Aloha a Mahalo

Kai

Kumu Kaialoha Manaiakalani | April 10, 2015 at 8:34 am

Aloha Tyler,

Aloha a Mahalo

Kai

Paul Babb | March 19, 2015 at 12:08 pm

Big E | February 16, 2015 at 6:10 pm

Kyle Conway | February 10, 2015 at 2:11 pm

Cynthia | September 20, 2014 at 12:06 pm

FYI, not every printer is the same, not every Microsoft Word is the same…..

Tyler | September 20, 2014 at 12:11 pm

Kelvin | September 18, 2014 at 11:45 am

Thank you. Saved me a ton of work. Same question as Tee.

Tee | August 17, 2014 at 4:22 pm

JR | March 30, 2014 at 2:46 am

Jon | March 27, 2014 at 6:31 pm

Thanks! Saved me!

Tom S. | March 21, 2014 at 5:24 am

Thank you so much! Worked great.

MCB-LAW.COM | February 26, 2014 at 11:13 am

This worked great, thank you!

Andy R | February 4, 2014 at 1:53 pm

Brian N | December 19, 2013 at 5:44 am

Thanks!
Had a stack of them to do, and this made it a breeze.

Shosh | December 7, 2013 at 8:07 am

THANK YOU, YOUR RESOURCES ARE EXCELLENT!
MAY YOU HAVE, MANY BLESS WONDERFUL HOLIDAYS…

BillHart | September 17, 2013 at 1:15 pm

How can I access the trmplate for label 228 January 2008?

Edward | September 17, 2013 at 11:45 am

Tyler,

*Word 2007
Click the Microsoft Office Button, and then click Word Options.
Click Display.
Click OK.
Word 2010
Click File, and then click Options.
Click Display.
Click OK.

Shelly | August 30, 2013 at 11:23 am

Thanks

Bill | July 11, 2013 at 10:50 am

Downloaded
Could not unzip with WinZip 17.
Error message “not a valid zipfile”

Dazzz | May 13, 2013 at 4:52 pm

Ron | April 14, 2013 at 1:06 pm

Thank you for the template. It saved much time and is appreciated.

Joni | January 15, 2013 at 4:21 am

Thank you!!!! My handwriting is awful and this makes addressing easy.

dale | January 7, 2013 at 11:42 am

am looking for the ready post label please help
4 1/8″ x 3 1/8″

ScottC | January 4, 2013 at 8:56 pm

Is there a way to print these with postage included?

Joe | October 16, 2012 at 6:27 am

Thank you. works great…

Al Soto | October 15, 2012 at 1:11 pm

Jim | September 10, 2012 at 3:18 am

Fredieusa | August 12, 2012 at 9:04 am

Thanks so much Tyler. This is just GREAT !!!

frankie | July 12, 2012 at 3:43 am

Tyler | July 12, 2012 at 10:26 pm

Tyler | June 9, 2012 at 8:43 pm

Brian | June 9, 2012 at 1:58 am

I could not get it to go all the way through and print – form is too short.?.

Tyler | January 20, 2012 at 4:46 pm

Jennifer | January 20, 2012 at 4:18 am

Hofy | January 17, 2012 at 10:41 am

Thank you for this wonderful template.
It works great in Office 2000 and 2003.

Chao | November 26, 2011 at 6:55 pm

Tyler | November 27, 2011 at 8:27 am

You’re welcome. Glad you found it useful =)