Home of tyty1234

Label 228 Word Template

Posted on by Tyler

I recently printed out labels, and they happened to be the USPS Label 228. I wanted to find a template for word for label 228 January 2008, but didn’t find one that fit. So I decided to create one of my own, and created a word template for you folks looking for a word template for label 228, January 2008. I made it in Office 2010, but made it compatible for 97-03. And then make sure before you print, uncheck the option to print drawing objects. This will make the picture in the document not show up when it’s printed. It’s done this way so that when you’re printing on the label, the image of the label doesn’t get on the label itself, and only the text will show on the label. The image is only to show you how the label will look when printed.

If you have problems or questions, leave a comment. To download the template, click here.

Did you like this? Share it:
This entry was posted in General. Bookmark the permalink.

29 Responses to “Label 228 Word Template”

1. Chao
    November 26, 2011 at 6:55 pm

Thank you very much, my mom was asked by her boss to fill like 50 of these. now the printer does all the work. Thank you for taking the time and created the template

2. Hofy
    January 17, 2012 at 10:41 am

Thank you for this wonderful template.
    It works great in Office 2000 and 2003.

3. Jennifer
    January 20, 2012 at 4:18 am

I was needing to download the template for the office but the file keeps saying it is zipped and will not open. I am not sure why it will not open, can anyone help?

4. Tyler
    January 20, 2012 at 4:46 pm

Jennifer, when you downloaded the file, did you unzip it first and then open the extracted file in Microsoft Office?

5. Brian
    June 9, 2012 at 1:58 am

I could not get it to go all the way through and print – form is too short.?.

6. Tyler
    June 9, 2012 at 8:43 pm

Brian, you have to have it so that the label is taped on a letter sized paper, and sitting on the top left corner of the paper horizontally.

7. frankie
    July 12, 2012 at 3:43 am

How do i find the option to print drawing options, which I am suppose to uncheck? I cannot find it to print out the label without the image? I have a word 2011. other than this, great job! its awesom

• Tyler
      July 12, 2012 at 10:26 pm

Hi Frankie, thanks for your comment! Assuming 2011 is no different than 2010 (hopefully) you want to go to File -> Options -> Display then uncheck “Print drawings dreated in word”. Hope this helps =)

8. Fredieusa
    August 12, 2012 at 9:04 am

Thanks so much Tyler. This is just GREAT !!!

9. Jim
    September 10, 2012 at 3:18 am

It worked great! You can also delete the background image if you prefer. Thanks for the template!

10. Al Soto
    October 15, 2012 at 1:11 pm

It didn`t work for me,it kept printing the whole label on top of the usps label. What I did was copy /paste the blank form to a new word document and insert the label sideways and voila!!

11. Joe
    October 16, 2012 at 6:27 am

Thank you. works great…

12. ScottC
    January 4, 2013 at 8:56 pm

Is there a way to print these with postage included?

13. dale
    January 7, 2013 at 11:42 am

am looking for the ready post label please help
    4 1/8″ x 3 1/8″

14. Joni
    January 15, 2013 at 4:21 am

Thank you!!!! My handwriting is awful and this makes addressing easy.

15. Ron
    April 14, 2013 at 1:06 pm

Thank you for the template. It saved much time and is appreciated.

16. Dazzz
    May 13, 2013 at 4:52 pm

Saved a bunch of time finding this template – thank you for posting. We actually had a stack of the pre-printed labels from the post office so we simply deleted the graphic and readjusted the top margin to 1.5. Works and looks great!

17. Bill
    July 11, 2013 at 10:50 am

Downloaded
    Could not unzip with WinZip 17.
    Error message “not a valid zipfile”

18. Shelly
    August 30, 2013 at 11:23 am

That was somewhat helpful, more help than what I had, but I was hoping to print them directly on to the sticky shipping label from post office. when I went to print, it traced over everything, so I realized it was set up to print on whit paper, cut out, and tape myself.
    Let me know if you have a template where I can run the stickers through and only print return address and address where it’s going. I just can’t figure that out.
    Thanks

19. Edward
    September 17, 2013 at 11:45 am

Tyler,
    Thanks for posting the template. Seems like lots of the issues others above are having are really just “computer 101″ problems, like how to unzip a file (really?) or how to change their default Word options (help below*). My added tip is to tell others leave it in landscape, and feed the label “stamp end” first. Thanks again!

*Word 2007
    Click the Microsoft Office Button, and then click Word Options.
    Click Display.
    Under Printing options, click to unselect the Print drawings created in Word check box.
    Click OK.
    Word 2010
    Click File, and then click Options.
    Click Display.
    Click OK.

20. BillHart
    September 17, 2013 at 1:15 pm

How can I access the trmplate for label 228 January 2008?

21. Shosh
    December 7, 2013 at 8:07 am

THANK YOU VERY MUCH. I HAVE THE “USPS ADDRESS LABELS” AND I WANTED TO USE THEIR OWN. BUT, I FOUND WITH YOUR ESSENTIAL RESOURES, IT ABLE ME TO TYPED ON THEIR LABELS.
    THANK YOU, YOUR RESOURCES ARE EXCELLENT!
    MAY YOU HAVE, MANY BLESS WONDERFUL HOLIDAYS…

22. Brian N
    December 19, 2013 at 5:44 am

Thanks!
    Had a stack of them to do, and this made it a breeze.
    I did make the font size bigger for the addressee as I know from my days at UPS that the easier it is to read, the better it gets handled. Also goes faster thru the mail.

And although a short form, it went thru the printer fine after I selected “alternate paper source” rather than normal, and fed via the drop-down paper tray.

23. Andy R
    February 4, 2014 at 1:53 pm

What printer will print the USPS label 228? I have 2,000 USPS label on a roll but my printer does not feed them correctly.

24. MCB-LAW.COM
    February 26, 2014 at 11:13 am

This worked great, thank you!

25. Tom S.
    March 21, 2014 at 5:24 am

Thank you so much! Worked great.

26. Jon
    March 27, 2014 at 6:31 pm

Thanks! Saved me!

27. JR
    March 30, 2014 at 2:46 am

Tyler, so glad I found your post … trying to get “care packages” out to my nephew and his company … my hand writing has gone down hill over the last 60 years … thanks again.