Just yesterday, I finished a pep band arrangement that I decided to do. I did an arrangement of the popular Super Mario Bros. theme for pep band. I have it up on my works page under the music section of my site, and you can view the piece from there.
Doing this particular arrangement wasn’t really hard for me. I already had a piano copy of the music, and had worked on a Clarinet ensemble for it, but never actually gave it out. Well, I did, but not publicly. The original piano sheet music was written in the key of C, with a 4/4 time signature. To make things easier, in this arrangement I made the notes easier to read putting the song in cut time, and in the key of B flat just a whole step down from C. It still sounds great, and I’m sure it’ll be fairly easy to play.
I’m still getting used to the whole arranging and composing thing. I hope to learn more about it through college and such. This is something I really like to do, and I want to become good at it. It’ll take time, and step by step, I’m sure I can master it.